The Northern Territory Planning Commission is seeking community input on a discussion paper that aims to result in higher quality residential and mixed-use developments.
The Designing Better discussion paper seeks to encourage and enable residential apartment and mixed-use buildings that are designed to:
- respond to context and celebrate local and regional differences
- respond to climate and contribute to the Territory’s built form character
- embrace innovation through flexible, best practice design solutions
- make great places that provide meaningful, vibrant and liveable spaces for people.
This project draws upon feedback received from the community and industry through other projects and targets a number of key design elements for improvement.
The Designing Better project will ultimately inform revised development requirements in the Northern Territory Planning Scheme and be complemented by the locality-specific guidance of Area Plans.
We are now in Stage 1 of the planning process. You can have your say through:
- talking to planners
- attending information sessions
- making a submission to the NT Planning Commission
Send your feedback and queries to the NT Planning Commission(External link):
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- post to GPO Box 1680 Darwin NT 0801
- call the project team on 8924 7540
Your input and comment by 6 March 2020 is encouraged and appreciated.