Territory businesses that have experienced significant hardship due to coronavirus (COVID-19) can now apply to receive support under the Business Hardship Package.
Support is available to Territory businesses with a turnover less than $50 million who can demonstrate a reduction of turnover of 30% or more due to COVID-19.
Once approved for the hardship register, businesses will receive a business hardship certificate that they can use to access relevant concessions such as payroll tax, utilities, rents and rates being offered as part of the Business Hardship Package.
Registration will enable businesses to apply for:
- waiving or deferring payment of payroll tax;
- reducing utilities bills;
- providing incentives for commercial landlords to reduce rents;
- reducing or deferring rates, and
- other relief which may be offered from time to time
For more information or to apply go to businessrecovery.nt.gov.au