The COVID-19 safety plan checklist for businesses and organisations as part of the Roadmap to the New Normal is now available.
Businesses and organisations seeking to re-open or expand operations as part of stage two of the Roadmap can begin submitting their checklist from today, ahead of opening on 15th May.
The safety plan checklist will not create a new approvals process or waiting times. Businesses will be able to complete and submit the simple checklist prior to opening or expanding, with health officers making subsequent compliance checks.
This is all about getting us back to business, back to work, and back to enjoying the Territory way of life – while keeping Territorians safe.
The checklist ensures businesses and organisations can meet the required physical distancing and hygiene rules to keep people safe.
There are four separate checklists reflective of the types of businesses, organisations and services that will be required to prepare their COVID-19 safety plan. These are:
- Food Businesses
- Personal Services
- Business Community Organisation
- Sport and Active Recreation Organisation.
Stage two activities can commence from noon, Friday 15 May, and include indoor activities for less than two hours, such as:
- Shopping centre food courts.
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars for the consumption of food – excluding gaming areas.
- Organised outdoor training activities for sport teams without physical contact.
- Beauty therapy salons for non-facial services such as nails, massage and tanning.
- Public libraries.
- Places used for religious worship – including indoor weddings and funerals.
To view, complete and submit the checklist visit https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/steps-to-restart/business.