The October Business Month has successfully wrapped up, leaving a positive mark on both participants and businesses. The Darwin Innovation Hub facilitated a series of engaging events that brought together a diverse group of over 1000 passionate individuals from various industries. The enthusiasm was palpable, with a notable 80% turnout from registrants, showcasing a significant increase compared to the previous year. It was amazing to see so many Darwin locals at the events.
Throughout the month, the Darwin Innovation Hub organized, supported, and sponsored 23 events, each thoughtfully curated to cater to different audiences, themes, and skills development. This reflects our dedication to providing a dynamic and enriching experience for all participants. From fostering startups to exploring innovative technology, the hub is a thriving community focused on human connection and shared growth.
We’re delighted to announce that we have created 4 awards in various categories for our overall events, the winners being:
- Most Challenging to Tackle Award – Toward a Mentally Happy Workplace (Hosted by Institute of Managers and Leaders in partnership with DIH)
- Most Popular Session Award – Advanced Canva Editing, Videos and Presentations (Hosted by DIH)
- Dedication to Excellence Award – StartUp Sunday (Hosted by DIH)
- The Best Visitors Award – Darwin Drone Expo: The Future of Drones (Hosted by NT Drone Industry Network and sponsored by DIH)
As we reflect on the success of October Business Month, the Darwin Innovation Hub is excited about the ongoing ripple effects. The hub continues to serve as a platform for like-minded individuals to collaborate, pushing the boundaries of innovation. We are already gearing up for the next edition, promising an even more immersive and enriching experience for participants. Stay tuned for updates on the Darwin Innovation Hub website and social media channels as we continue to host workshops and events that will benefit you.
Digital Technology – The Best Visitors Award
Soar into the world of drones. One of the defining features of the Darwin Drone Expo: The Future of Drones in the Territory was the high level of attendee engagement from students, individuals, industry-related personnel, and even curious goats. From interactive workshops to live demonstrations, participants were actively involved in hands-on activities with the drones provided, and networking opportunities. The social media platforms were abuzz with drones as attendees shared their favourite drones & exhibitors, insights gained, and connections made.
Among the several hundred visitors we welcomed to the Darwin Innovation Hub, the ‘Best Visitors’ that caught the attention of many participants were baby goats brought by a Drone Expo participant. This lively event, showcasing high-tech drones from exhibitors, welcomed the charming addition of these cute mascots.
The events we hosted and partnered with in this Digital Technology theme were:
- Darwin Digital Marketers Meetup
- Darwin Drone Expo: The Future of Drones
- SEO: Content, Titles and Keywords
- SEO: Technical, Competitive and Landing Pages
- Make Better Videos for Social Media
- ChatGPT & AI for Business