The Business Acceleration Program is an initiative of the Northern Territory Government, hosted by the Darwin Innovation Hub, delivered by the Australian Centre for Business Growth.
The Business Acceleration Program is a high-value, world-class program that enables CEOs/MDs to identify opportunities, overcome business challenges and drive competitive advantage. Based on comprehensive and integrated Knowledge Framework for Growth developed by Dr Jana Matthews, the program provides CEOs/MDs with the knowledge and skills needed to develop as leaders, accelerate company growth and compete in a global marketplace. The program consists of two parts: the Growth Clinic and the Growth Modules.
- One-day Clinic for the CEO/MD
The Growth Clinic is focused on helping CEOs/MDs identify what is stopping growth as well as what each CEO can do to accelerate growth.
Working with a Growth Expert, CEOs/MDs learn what happens during growth, their roles and responsibilities as leaders, discuss the results of the pre-Clinic diagnostic tool, receive tailored advice and recommendations from the Growth Experts, and develop a Action Plan for Company Growth as well as a Leadership Development Plan.
Growth Experts work with the CEOs/MDs on the areas outlined in the Knowledge Framework for Growth:
- Products and Services
- Marketing and Sales
- Dealing with Externalities
- Building the Organisation
- Financing Growth
- Managing Yourself as Leader
The Growth Clinic is limited to groups of four CEOs/MDs per day so the Growth Expert can appropriately address issues specific to the company’s problems and opportunities.
Why CEOs/MDs come to the Growth Clinic
- Need guidance on how to address sales and strains
- Want to grow but are concerned about growing and “losing it all”
- Know they need to stop micro-managing but don’t know how to delegate
- Have cashflow challenges and want to learn how to finance growth
- Don’t have a management team and not sure who to hire for growth
Growth Clinic benefits
- Opportunity to learn from Growth Experts who have started, grown and exited their own companies
- Online diagnostic tools and prep-work to enable the Growth Experts to deliver a tailored program for your company
- Comprehensive Action Planner with growth content, tools, graphics and resources, which will enable you to develop your Action Plan for growth
- Opportunity to discuss growth opportunities and challenges with like-minded CEOs and Growth Experts
The Clinic was beneficial. It outlined the questions I need to answer as a leader, the frameworks to utilise through the growth journey and the characteristics needed from the leader of a growth company. We plan to maintain our rate of growth over the next seven years, and we now better understand what’s inhibiting our growth and some tools we can implement to achieve it. The Clinic provides a valuable framework for achieving growth in your company. The opportunity to learn from Growth Experts and other CEOs in the Clinic is a good investment of your time.
Dan Richards, General Manager, Humpty Doo Barramundi
Growth Clinic Format
9:00am – Welcome and introductions
9:30am – Session 1: Setting growth goals; understanding how companies grown, and learning what’s required to lead and manage growth. The Five Key Questions every CEO must answer.
12:00pm – Lunch
1:00pm – Session 2: Focus on individual company problems and opportunities for growth. Assessment and diagnosis of what’s required to grown your company.
4:00pm – Develop Action Plans for company growth and leadership growth
4:30pm – Summary
5:00pm – Program Concludes