Data Analytics with Excel – Northern Territory
Be able to leverage what you’ll learn in the course in your current role, or start upskilling yourself towards a rewarding career in Data Analytics.
The course will include a mixture of online and face-to-face accredited and cutting-edge content delivered by an industry expert.
Come join us and be a part of this exciting new industry that is taking over the world.
Data Analytics with Excel
In Partnership with the Northern Territory Government
From the 5 billion daily searches made on Google, to the 264 billion emails sent worldwide – and that’s not counting the ~4 petabytes (or 1 million gigabytes!) of data created on Facebook and Twitter every year – each one of us creates an enormous amount of data on a daily basis. Being able to make sense of all of it is becoming an increasingly important role in our society. Come find out how to generate ideas, answer questions, and derive insights from data in our 3-month, blended course on Data Analytics with Excel.
As industries and businesses continue to go digital, how can we make sure we’re utilising and analysing these gigantic amounts of data in the best way possible?
Join Coder Academy and the Northern Territory Government as we introduce you to key Data Analytics Fundamentals using Microsoft Excel. Be able to leverage what you’ll learn in the course in your current role, or start upskilling yourself towards a rewarding career in Data Analytics. The course will include a mixture of online and face-to-face accredited and cutting-edge content delivered by an industry expert. Come join us and be a part of this exciting new industry that is taking over the world.
4 – 23 November (30 hours, Online):
- Week 1: Basic Excel and Intro to Statistics
- Week 2: Tables, Pivot Tables, and Intro to Research
- Week 3: Data Visualisation and Analysis
23 November – 1 December (14 hours, In-person):
- Day 1: Saturday, 23rd November, 9:30 AM – 3 PM
Data Analytics Cycle and Exploratory Data Analysis
- Day 2: Wednesday, 27th November, 6 PM – 9 PM
Advanced Data Visualisation – Dashboards
- Day 3: Saturday, 30th November, 9:30 AM – 3 PM
Excel Macros – Automating the Boring Stuff
2 December – 30 January (60 hours, Online):
The remaining 60 hours of online work will consist of:
- A Data Analytics Project where students will come up with a question, then gather, clean, explore, visualise and analyse a dataset of their choosing. It can be a work-related question or a completely novel one. The project will be followed by
- 20 minute presentations of the insights uncovered throughout the project;
- Three 1.5 hour long webinars covering:
- Advanced Excel Functions
- What-If Analysis?
- Putting Everything Together
- Where to Next?
Disclaimer: The outline of the course might change slightly depending on the level of knowledge and previous experience of the participants.
What Will You Learn?
- Advanced excel techniques crucial for solving complex business problems involving the use of data
- Develop your own business questions, create awesome data visualisations, and report your findings
- How to automate processes using Macros so that they can successfully tell a concrete story
- Identify research requirements for a project and present your insights in a compelling way
What Do You Need?
- Your own computer
- Microsoft Excel installed (preferably 2016)
The units delivered are nationally recognised by the Vocational Education and Training Sector and will count towards a Certificate IV in Business. The units are:
- BSBITU402 – Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBRES411 – Analyse and present research information
Successful completion of all requirements for the units will lead to the issue of a statement of attainment from the Academy of Information Technology (trading as Coder Academy).