Gain insights into reducing food waste in processing and packaging and learn from companies who have successfully reduced waste.
Thursday 23rd September 2021
1pm – 2.15pm AEST
- Francesca Goodman-Smith, Transform Programme Leader, Fight Food Waste CRC;
- Nerida Kelton – Executive Director, Australian Institute of Packaging;
- Pablo Juliano – Group Leader Food Processing and Supply Chains, CSIRO;
- Paul Mason – National Technology Facilitator, Entrepreneurs Programme
For each webinar you attend eligible participants you will receive:
- 2 CPD points from Australian Institute of Packaging towards the CPP
- 1 CPD Point from the Australasian Supply Chain Institute
- 1 CPD point from the Australian Institute of Food Technology & Science
What people are saying about the series
“Nationally, there are approximately 7.6 million tonnes of food wasted every year at a cost of $36.6 billion to the economy. Australia’s food can be better managed to reduce waste and loss from packing sheds at the agricultural sector level, to processing and foodservice in commercial kitchens. There needs to be a whole-of-supply-chain view to better understand why so much food is being wasted and lost and what the potential solutions are. Imagine, just for a moment, if we could halve this waste and turn millions of tonnes of waste into value added products for Australia. This is the focus of this webinar series, helping small businesses to save money, create new products and respond to consumer demands that we think differently and become more responsible for reducing food waste & loss.” – Mark Barthel, Chief Operating Officer, Stop Food Waste Australia
This will be a Live & Interactive Webinar delivered via Zoom.
For more information on this webinar please contact Brett Henderson at Brett.Henderson@ep.industry.gov.au
Please note, this is a free Interactive Online Format series hosted by the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources Entrepreneurs’ Programme & Ai Group.
The Entrepreneurs’ Programme provides quality advice and support to assist businesses to innovate and grow. For further information on what services may be available to you, visit: business.gov.au/EP.