The Women in STEM and Entrepreneurship program supports investment in gender equity initiatives that aim for lasting systemic change by eliminating barriers for women’s participation in STEM education and careers, and entrepreneurship.
$13 million in funding support is available this round, the largest investment to date. Each successful grantee will receive $500,000 to $1 million in funding to grow and expand their existing projects over 3 years.
This round includes a range of strategic changes to drive lasting system-wide impact. It will:
- focus on upscaling existing projects that show success in supporting women and girls in STEM and entrepreneurship
- ask applicants to provide evidence of success from an evaluation.
The Women in STEM and Entrepreneurship program objectives are to:
- increase awareness and participation of girls and women in STEM education and careers
- increase awareness and participation of girls and women in other parts of the innovation ecosystem including innovative businesses, start-ups and entrepreneurial activities and careers, stimulate an increase in the number of women in senior leadership and decision making positions in government, research organisations, industry and businesses.
The grant opportunity provides funding to grow and strengthen projects and organisations that have a track record of:
- reducing and/or mitigating systemic and cultural barriers to participation in STEM education, careers, innovation and entrepreneurship by girls and women
- reducing the multiplier effect of intersectional barriers to participation, development and leadership of girls and women in STEM education, careers, innovation and entrepreneurship
- increasing the participation, development and leadership of girls and women in STEM education and careers, innovation and entrepreneurship.
Closing date: 02 Mar 2022 05:00 PM AEDT